- Drive Through Pick Up
- Indoor Showroom
- Outdoor Product Display
- One-On-One Experienced Sales Staff
- Drive Through Pick Up
Hi-Way Concrete Products manufactures a wide variety of Standard Masonry Units and Architectural CMU’s to meet your design and construction needs. Our efficient and up-to-date manufacturing facility assures consistent, high quality production of all masonry units to meet or exceed specifications.
We maintain a large inventory of masonry block in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
Special masonry units are also available for applications related to improved fire resistance and water penetration.
10 Reasons to Choose Concrete Masonry
- DURABILITY. Masonry’s higher durability means less repairs, plus the color and brilliance of masonry won’t fade, rust or discolor from the weather–eliminating painting and maintenance.
- LOCALLY MANUFACTURED. Concrete masonry units are manufactured locally and ready for delivery in a short period.
- VERSATILE & ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE. Pre-finished masonry units such as split face, colored, glazed, and units with integral water repellent, provide additional benefits of safety through environmental health because they emit no Volatile Organic Compounds into the air.
- PEST RESISTANT. Concrete masonry units are impervious to mold and pests, reducing the need for harmful chemical treatments down the road.
- SAVINGS ON INITIAL AND LIFE-CYCLE COSTS. With concrete masonry, you can build and finish with one unit and one laying operation. The variety of finishes, textures and colors eliminates the need for additional wall coverings.
- FIRE RESISTANCE. Masonry won’t burn. Concrete masonry fire walls and fire separation walls may be designed to maintain structural integrity for over four hours of exposure. Concrete masonry is also used to protect the structural integrity of the home and the occupants.
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY. Masonry can be used with all roofing systems, has excellent load bearing capacity, and resists the forces of heavy snows and wind shears. The cavities in concrete block easily accommodate vertical steel reinforcement.
- LOW INSURANCE RATES. Masonry construction provides better protection from break-ins, fires and severe weather conditions. This helps to keep insurance rates lower than with other types of construction material.
- BETTER INSULATED. The thermal mass of concrete masonry walls insulate against outside temperatures for constant temperatures inside therefore reducing heating and cooling costs. There is an array of insulation options for high R values in cavity walls.
- REDUCED SOUND TRANSMISSION. Unwanted noise is a major distraction in any environment. Because of its mass and rigidity, concrete masonry is especially effective in reducing the transmission of unwanted noise and sound from room to room and unit to unit.
- BETTER RESALE VALUE. Masonry homes look great and maintain their beauty longer than buildings made of other construction material and provide more building for the money.
Proven protection for moisture control in masonry construction.
With the longest successful track record of any integral water-repellent, the DRY-BLOCK® System is the most extensively used integral water-repellent admixture system in single-wythe concrete masonry construction.
The DRY-BLOCK System consists of two integral water-repellent admixtures and INFINISEAL® DB, a post-applied water-repellent sealer. DRY-BLOCK Block Admixture is mixed throughout the concrete during manufacture of the masonry unit. DRY-BLOCK Mortar Admixture is added to the mortar on site during mixing. The DRY-BLOCK System — DRY-BLOCK Block and Mortar Admixtures and INFINISEAL DB Sealer — provides long lasting resistance to water penetration. The system components are available only through Qualified DRY-BLOCK Producers located throughout North America.
Both KORFIL and ICON Inserts are individually molded of expandable polystyrene and designed to fit standard two (2) core masonry units of 6, 8, 10 and 12-inch widths for use in both single wythe and cavity wall construction. The Hi-R Wall System is a specifically designed concrete masonry unit and individually molded EPS insulation insert. Inserts are preinstalled at the block plant prior to delivery on the job site. The assembly provides a wall system capable of achieving higher thermal R values than conventional masonry, with little effect on structural integrity.
- Eliminate the need for on-site labor to insulate masonry walls.
- Do not deteriorate in insulation R-value with moisture or aging.
- Allow space within the cores for the escape of moisture. This space also allows for easy installation of utilities within the wall.
- Can be handled by masons just as easily as un-insulated blocks.
- Are cost-competitive when compared to the various other methods used to insulate concrete blocks.
- Have no effect on the fire rating of conventional concrete block walls.
- Improve both the dewpoint and sound transmission resistance of ordinary concrete blocks.
They are sold only to concrete block manufacturers. Hi-Way Concrete is a licensed distributor of CBIS products.